Kericho Water & Sanitation Company Limited (KEWASCO) is a Private
Company established under the Company's Act Cap 486, Laws of Kenya and
it is wholly owned by the County Government of Kericho.
The Company was incorporated in October,1997.
It has been contracted by Lake Victoria South Water Services Board(LVSWSB) to
Provide Water and Sanitation Services within the County Government of
Kericho and its environs.
The Company operates under the direction and guidance of Eight (8) Board
of Directors who are drawn from a wide spectrum of the Shareholder (
County Government of Kericho) and Stakeholders. This is the Policy
making Organ of the Company which operates on Committee basis. The
Management is headed by the Managing Director who reports to the Board of Directors.
KEWASCO is responsible for the Efficient and Economical Provision of
Water and Sanitation Services within the area under it's the
jurisdiction of Kericho County and as an agent of Lake Victoria South
Water Services Board(LVSWSB) through a Service Provision Agreement.
To be a Model of Excellence in Water and Sanitation Services Provision.
To Optimally Provide Adequate, Safe and Reliable Water and Sanitation
Services to our Customers at a Commercially Sustainable Level.
Values are an Integral part of any Organization's culture, which in turn
creates a sense of identity, belonging, direction and purpose. In our
Quest for Timely Provision of Quality Services, we shall be guided by
the following Core Values as articulated in our Strategic Plan
- Altiora Peto (Seeking Higher Things)
- Team Spirit
- Customer Focused
- To ensure an Optimal, Motivated and Productive Workforce
- To ensure an Efficient and Effective Water Supply and Sanitation
- To ensure the Provision of Quality Water and Sanitation Services at a Cost – Effective Rate to the
Satisfaction of the Stakeholders
- To enhance Financial Sustainability and Commercial viability. (Business units operating on cost- recovery
and pricing principles)
- To embrace Information Technology in all areas of Operation